We understand that committing to counseling is an investment in your relationships, your family, & your future self. We don’t take this lightly.
Our clinic is a place to experience deep and lasting healing. Your mental wellbeing affects every aspect of your mental & physical life. We believe you & your family are worth the investment of getting specialized, proactive, and effective therapy.
Below are some specific ways we handle fees & insurance at our clinic:
After careful consideration, we’ve decided to be Out-of-Network providers. We can not process insurance in our clinic directly on your behalf. However, we do provide Superbills, which you can use to process with your insurance.
There are many reasons for this, but some are:
- Unfortunately “taking insurance” doesn’t mean what it used to in today’s healthcare environment. Most people have high deductible plans now, where you’re using HSA funds or paying out of pocket most of the year until you reach your deductible anyway, whether you’re seeing in-network or out-of-network providers. And even after you reach your deductible, mental health benefits are often limited.
- For insurance companies to cover any portion of counseling, there must be a diagnosis, whether there is one or not, which remains on your medical record. Forcing a diagnosis and allowing a third party to control your mental health path is unfair at best.
- With insurance companies, the confidentiality and privacy of your highly personal information is not guaranteed.
- Insurance companies control the number, length, and frequency of sessions, all of which should be decided by you and your counselor.
- Going back and forth with insurance companies takes time, a lot of time. We would rather spend that time giving you an excellent counseling experience.
All of that being said, with us, you’re in control of your mental health care, and the choice is yours to involve your insurance company or not. The fact that we do not bill insurance in our clinic doesn’t mean you have no coverage. If after contacting your insurance company, you find they will reimburse for Out-of-Network benefits, we can easily provide you a billing statement or “Superbill” for you to submit. Many of our clients receive partial, and up to a full reimbursement from their insurance company.Please speak with your counselor regarding this during your first session. And we accept HSA/FSA cards for payment, some of which would apply to your deductible if you submit.
Payment of the full fee is due at the time of your counseling appointment, and the credit/HSA card on file will be charged unless you notify your counselor of another form of payment. Please contact us for more information and session rates for the clinician you would like to see.
Above all else, the rapport you have with a counselor AND their qualifications are critical for effective treatment. So please factor that, along with the payment options, into your decision-making when choosing a counselor.